Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Little Mexico

Hey Family!

I got to have an interesting experience this week: going on exchange with the Spanish-speaking Elders. The weirdest part was that I was still in Wilmington the entire time. The Spanish work is pretty different than the way we do our work. I spent most of my time with Elder Salinas tracting in trailer parks. They've been using the approach to ask for "Juan" when the go to a door, just as a way to start talking to people, since a lot of Hispanics are wary of two strangers in suits knocking on their door. Apart from that I had the odd experience of being able to understand what was being said (since French and Spanish are so close), but being unable to say anything.

Other then that, we've just been seeing the ward, as usual, changing every week. It's always interesting seeing who will come in a vacation ward. Elder Packard and I had a little adventure baking cookies during weekly planning and then delivering them to random members in the ward, just a nice thing to do.

Well, I'm about out of time. Talk to y'all next week!
Love,

Elder Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment